Specifications for establishing pancreas transplant centers :
The Saudi Center for Organ Transplantation has determined, through its specialized committees, the specifications for establishing heart transplant centers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and these specifications are:
The technical staff consists of :
- Pancreas Transplant Consultant: & ndash; A consultant in the field of kidney transplantation must have at least one year of experience in a recognized pancreas transplant center.
- Consultant nephrologist: & ndash; There must be at least one consultant nephrologist with experience of at least one year in a recognized kidney transplant center.
- Diabetes Consultant: & ndash; There must be at least one consultant nephrologist with at least one year of experience in a recognized diabetes center.
- Nursing Staff: & ndash; Nursing staff of any gender must have global experience in caring for patients during and after transplantation.
- Pancreas Transplant Coordinator.
- nutrition specialist.
- Social service specialist.
The hospital where a Pancreas Transplant Center will be established must contain the following:
- Department of Gastroenterology (endoscopy available)
- Chest department (with binoculars available)
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Hematology
- Tissue section
- Anatomy section
- Chemical and Biological Analysis Laboratory
- Kidney disease and hemodialysis unit (preferably this unit contains portable purifiers)
- Intensive care unit
- The hospital should have at least two operating theaters.
- There must be at least two rooms designated for inpatients after transplantation